Sunday 28 February 2010

Kill! X Glyos


Kill! X Glyos

Kill! (Website) (Twitter) is an artist that I came across when he first released a set of Glyos Customs, all available from his blog and in limited numbers. I stayed up late and managed to score quite a few:

These are pretty kick as figures!

We have a pair of Cythos:

One Metallic Silver hand cast head and hand with a Metallic silver rubbed Glyos body. The second has an awesome Marble affect hand cast head and hand with a second hand painted to match it all on a carefully chosen translucent Glyos body. I love these guys!

Pheyder of the Wasteland:



This guy is phenominal! He has a modified pheyden head on a standard glyos body that has been painted/splattered with purple to give it a really cool look!

Wasteland Crayboth:

This is a standard crayboth that has head additional sculpting done on it and then a paint job that gives it a really bizarre metallic stone look!

Zagolian:

This is the only guy I didn't love as soon as I received him. His head is fantastic, As with kill's previous stuff, the sculpting and paint app's on the hand cast pieces are amazing! It's the body that let's it down. The Body is a standard Glyos Gendrome with a high-gloss coating. The Gloss coat helps a little as it seems more of a complete figure, but I would prefer to have seen some of the killer paint apps like the previous figures.

All in all a pretty awesome first wave of collaboration figures and they sold out very quickly so congrats kill!


Second Release:

This release consisted of 3 diferent figures, Doctor O, Slarmon and Zagolian Bezerker. Same price as last time, but sadly they are no where near as good (at least not in my opinion).

All of these figures suffered from the same Great paint job on the Head, poor paint job on the body combination that the Zagolian from the previous run suffered from. Each one has a basic Buildmen Gendrome body that has had a small amount of color sprayed on the chest....

....So not to be phased I gave them a bit of a spruce up! All the pictures below show my paintjob on the left and the Original on the right. (I don't have an original Zagolian Bezerker anymore so I used Kill's stock photo)

Doctor O:

Slarmon:


Zagolian Bezerker:


In all of these, I have kept the heads in the original colors that Kill sent them to me, I've just re-painted (and slightly modified) the bodies to hopefully provide a more uniform/complete look.

Finally, V-Day Glyos....

Kill released a blind bag assortment of figures for Valentines day, I'm always a little dubious of Blind bag runs, as there's nothing to guarantee that you'll like the figure you get but I figured that worst case scenario I end up with another kick-ass head and a poor body. Or Best case Scenario, another F-ing Awesome figure like the Original Pheyder of the wasteland!

I got this...

The Center figure, the other two are there for comparison purposes.

I'm sorry kill, but this figure just didn't cut the mustard for me, Again, a standard gendrome body, but this time the torso has been dyed pink... Fine, Pink is a V-day color, but why only dye the chest and leave the Limbs in the poor original grey color... As you can see, in both previous Doctor O figures, the heads came with a great paint job showing all the detail in the sculpt. This one doesn't. It has Eyes and Teeth, but it just doesn't carry the same level of detail and work as the others.


It may seem like I'm giving these a bit of a hard time, and I guess I am. I was just so impressed with the original figures that I was disappointed by the more recent ones. Don't get me wrong though, these are still pretty good value for the price and I had a lot of fun painting them myself. There are still 2 more figures currently on their way to me from Kill, and these look like they're back to Kill's Original style with a Kick-Ass paint job. I really hope this is the case, and will post photos either way when they arrive!

Nocturin

P.S. If anyone is in doubt, I still heartily recommend grabbing a couple of his customs as the heads are really well sculpted and cast. Oh and his other Resin/Vinyl figures are pretty darn good too!



No comments:

Post a Comment